- The Australian Government has released an official app with the information you need to know about #Coronavirus. Search “Coronavirus Australia” in the Apple App Store and on Google Play.
- Find the latest official Coronavirus news and information on the new WhatsApp chatbot. Click to open the WhatsApp channel, or download WhatsApp on iOS or Android.
- Prime Minister said that the second stimulus package “was not a stimulus, it was safety net package”
- Confirmed that further income support measures will be announced shortly.
- Urged employers to wait until these further measures ware announced before making decisions to stand down more staff or shut up shop.
- The next stage of financial support (Stage 3) is set to apply more broadly than the earlier packages (not just to SME’s)
- Treasurer Josh Fydenberg is working with energy companies to safeguard householders and small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. He stressed that the electricity and gas providers have an obligation to protect our fellow Australians through these hard times.
- The federal government will be asking the banks to waive mortgage payments for at least the next 6 months to provide relief to those struggling.
- Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced $500 million Business Support Grants will flow from Monday, with $10,000.00 grants available for over 30,000 employers who don’t pay payroll tax. Not much info on this yet but told to register here https://fs2.formsite.com/diirdwebteam3/u3qeftcfcc/index.html
The PM confirmed that the goal for the government is to put in place measures to hibernate businesses for a period of 6 months and maybe beyond that, depending on when the virus passes.
Stay tuned as a further announcement is expected later today.
We will bring you all news as it happens. and help anyway we can.